Senior Front End Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Technologies & frameworks
Benefits & perks
To sum it up...
- We're looking for a Senior Front End Engineer in San Francisco that will be working with React, Redux, Vue, Webpack and Apollo GraphQL.
What we bring
- An environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time. "Move fast and break things" doesn't really work for the type of system that we build. We take less technical debt than other companies. 😎
- Our engineers make the product decisions with input from business people, instead of business / product people making decisions with input from engineers
- 👤 We'd rather have one strong, well-compensated engineer instead of having 5 mediocre engineers. Our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not ok with broken features.
- Small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working. 💭
- We believe that great individual contributors generate as much (or more!) value as engineering managers, and we compensate them accordingly.
What you'll bring
- Exceptional technical background. 💻
- 5+ years of overall experience
- At least 1 year functioning as a Lead Engineer
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for what you're building. What you build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future. 🔮
- Frankness on discussing technical matters. If you disagree with how things are being done, we encourage you to speak up. You can attack an idea without attacking the person behind it.
- Passion for code. We love people that take pride in and love programming, especially if they've done so since a very young age.
- Experience in
Webpackis a plus
San Francisco, in northern California, is well known for being a tech haven. However, as one of the most visited cities in the world, it’s also a center of cultural and there’s a strong counter culture sensibility that’s always been an essential part of the city. San Francisco has one of the most prominent LGBT communities in the world, and is one of the most important in the history of LGBT rights and activism.
The economy of San Francisco is influenced by household tech companies such as Salesforce.com, Reddit, Dropbox, Airbnb, Yelp, Uber, Lyft, etc. The third quarter of 2017, saw $4.177 billion in funding for companies in San Francisco and the North Bay Area. An hour south of the city is “Silicon Valley” which homes Apple, Facebook, Google and Palantir.
Known for its year-round fog, iconic Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars and colorful Victorian houses. It’s also the home of the famous Alcatraz Island, site of the notorious former prisoner Al Capone.
Did you know...
- The average salary for a Software Engineer in San Francisco is $134,000
- San Francisco has 3% unemployment rate
Technologies & frameworks